Thursday 11 July 2013

Thrifting in Manhattan.... Part 2

The second, third and fourth stores we visited were what I would describe as stereotypical thrift shops - stack it high, sell it cheap. With women's, men's and kids clothing areas, some haphazard bric-a-brac departments and extremely low prices.

These stores are any true thrifters paradise (my friend and colleague Jude comes to mind). Here's a few pictures:

Salvation Army, 208 E 23rd Street
Rails and rails of varying quality, cheap clothing. Pricing structure seemed totally random.

We spent $20 on a bag full of slacks and tops!

Cauz for Pawz Thirft, 212 E 23rd Street - by far the smelliest, most random store we visited today. Sadly no pictures were allowed although I'm not quite sure what they were trying to hide...



 Goodwill, 220 E 23rd Street -  Goodwill is a huge thrift brand in the USA, known for it's cheap and cheerful interior and low pricing - this store didn't break the mould. I am looking forward to my fourth project location in San Francisco where I will be spending time with Goodwill San Francisco - they are running some innovative CSR projects that are of great interest to me.




 
Still found a hidden gem in the form of this little vintage tea pot in amongst the tat!
I'll finish telling you about the rest tomorrow... 

2 comments:

  1. Wow!! - did you buy the clothes by weight at the Salvation Army store?.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, just super cheap in there BUT we are going to a 'Buy the Bag' shop tomorrow so will keep you posted!

      Delete