Thursday 25 July 2013

Ready for the Rockies

We arrived in Denver at lunchtime today, having crossed into our third time zone (mountain time which is -7 BST). Denver and it's long anticipated surroundings did not disappoint. It was the last 15 miles of the drive when the landscape changed dramatically as the Rockies came into view. We had watched the elevation gradually raise during our 4 hours drive (Denver is at 1800m above sea level), and it was good to finally see why.

As we approached Denver...

Tomorrow I am spending the day with my third project, and I'm looking forward to another dose of inspiration and ideas.   

I forgot to mention in my last post, that when we went into Hays for dinner last night we spotted a thrift store called 'The ARC of Central Plains'. It was closed so we couldn't go in, but it did have one of the strangest, and likably quirky window displays I have ever seen, so had to share it. I would love to speak to the person with the creative thinking behind this one - if you can figure out the hidden meaning let me know!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment